[AT] tractor pull results

Dan Folske dfolske at nccray.net
Tue Jun 19 20:56:20 PDT 2012

took 4 of my Olivers to an antique tractor pull at our county fair this
weekend.

The Super 55 pulled well but I discovered that not enough gas is getting
into or through the carb when it is working hard. Every time we worked it
with the governor wide open for more than 45 to 50 seconds it would start
sputtering like it was running out of gas and then die. Wait a few seconds
and it would fire right back up. Even cultivating trees around home I'm
usually only running half throttle and don't have any problems.

The 70 was a total embarrassment. It didn't even wiggle the sled set for the
5000 # farm stock class. I bought the tractor recently knowing that low gear
was out and that it wasn't running as perfectly smooth as it should. It has
on old loader with vertical hydraulic cylinders mounted to the implement
cross pipes for the main lift and a trip bucket.

The 1850 weighed in at 10,850 and the 1950 weighed in at 13,800 with a 707
Leon loader on it. Both pulled very well.

Hopefully by next year I'll have the 70 ready to pull like it should and
maybe take my CC Case and Farmall Regular as well.

For me the star of the show was a Super 88 Oliver diesel which pulled in the
super stock class.

Dan Folske

Tractors: 8 Olivers, 3 Cases, a Farmall Regular, a 10-20, a WD-9, a Hydro
186, a 1086, and an IH 2500B Hydro, a JD B, and a 2 JD D's. Most
run, some are used almost every day, some are future projects and a few are
parts tractors.

IH Trucks: 5 KB-5s, a K-3, a KB-2, a KB-1, a 1986 S1955 single axle semi
tractor with a DTA-466 and a 10 speed.  I'm dealing on a KB-6 and trying to
talk a friend into selling me her KB-3. She used to haul grain with it when
she and her husband were first married. I think I've got her talked into
letting me have it at a price we've already agreed on if I can get it
running so she can drive it around town a few times.