[AJD] 2 cyl diesel won't start

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Wed Jun 13 06:47:24 PDT 2012

My guess is you got it out time.  Rebuild rules out compression, diesel fuel doesn't go bad that fast and water is not likely having been in a shop for a restoration.   Also, mist (i am assuming you mean fuel mist) from exhaust indicates air intake is fine.  Mist rules out air in lines too.

Timing is the only thing left.   My guess is sometime during restoration injector timing was affected negatively.   If you are sure of timing, then the issue is starting RPM.  Tow the tractor to rule that out.

If that doesn't work, my guess is the mist was coolant, which will cool the charge enough to prevent combustion during starting.   Extended towing will dry the cylinders and allow it to start though.   You'll need to double check the head.

Good luck!

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone