[Farmall] Cub Cadet 149 Hydro

farmallgray at aol.com farmallgray at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 10:49:01 PDT 2012

The 149 is probably one of the best all around IH built Cub Cadets. It would make you a great machine to mow with.
Price depends somwhat on your location. It sounds a bit high for
this area unless it basically looks like brand new. I would try to get it for around $700.

Couple things to look at;
Hood hinges tend to break but is cheap to replace.
Make sure it charges, the mechanical regulator can sometimes be tempermental.
Check the driveshaft pin and hub at the back of the engine. The pin tends to wear a keyhole in the slot.
Check for play in the steering. This is common on all Cub Cadets.

Todd Markle

Spring Mills, Pa.