[AT] Cub Cadet 149 Hydro

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 06:44:15 PDT 2012

Good morning,

I have come across a Cub Cadet Hydro 149. It is a 1972 model with the
original 14 hp Kohler. The Cub Cadet was purchased new by the owner, and
ran alongside a 1971 Cub tractor until the owner traded it in on a new
Kubota. From what I have been told, it was kept inside all its life.

The tractor runs great. The Kohler started immediately even with a dying
battery after sitting for a few months. The hydro seems to be in good
shape with no grinding sounds or excessive whines. The metal is a in
good shape with all components and attachments (including hydraulic deck
lift) working.

It includes a belly mower in great shape as well as a like new
snowblower. The snowblower seems to have been used only a few times. The
tractor also has a Brinly Hardy hitch.  I drove the tractor once, and
now have come to the conclusion that I could even justify it as a useful
lawn tractor.

The asking price is $990. I am new to Cub Cadet tractors; is that a fair
price for the condition and implements?  If not, what is a fair price to
offer?   Do any of you own a 149?  Any problems I should look for?

Thanks!

Ben Wagner