[AT] Trying to come up with a fair price for an 8n

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Jun 10 07:14:22 PDT 2012

At a sale here in central OKlahoma on May 5, there were 2    8N's .
Both started and ran without a lot of smoke.  One had good paint and
tires, the other was what I would call average.  They sold for $800 for
the painted one, and $600 for the average one.  Bush Hogs were about
$400, and Box blades the same price..     I remember not too long ago
when 8N's would  bring $2500 with paint.   I had a good 4010 on LP and
only got a $2500 bid.   Older tractors have lost a lot of their monetary
value.  The market is just not there.  It seems that everyone wants the
little ones with new paint and front loaders.   I think the market is
just saturated.  When I was a kid I could buy an old tractor and fix it
up and there was a market for it.   If it needed something, the new
buyer would understand and sometimes I sold them without finishing
repairs.  Now everything has to be perfect.

Cecil in OKla