[AT] Off Topic Goulds piston pump

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Jun 6 21:41:44 PDT 2012

As I remember with my parent's well there were two lines and a foot
valve.  My more shallow well is to this day plumbed like that.  I know
the well is about 50' deep - pulled the pipe a couple times so I
measured <g>.  As a kid my dad dug the well here.  That would be early
'40's.

My parent's well was bored (in the early 50's I think).  My cousin's
(over the ridge) was drilled in the early '80's.

My current pump is a Goulds brand - an impeller pump with two lines in
the well (hand dug by my dad when he was a kid) and a foot valve at the
bottom.  As far as the physics I know next to nothing - which is one
reason I call the plumber <g>.

David
NW NC