[AT] Off Topic Goulds piston pump

Bo Hinch bohinch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 13:43:06 PDT 2012

I think everyone is correct in what is being said . I have always had a
deep well ( two stage ) pump ( 180 feet ) up until about 15 years ago . The
motor and pump were above ground and as long as the check-valve located on
the foot valve ( 180 feet down ) sealed properly , it would always pump
water . If for whatever reason the pump lost its prime , we would have to
fill the suction line with water and it would again pump . So ,with the
suction line full of water , the pump thinks the water level is right there
, which it is .

Bo Hinch in S/W louisiana