[AT] George Willer funeral service

Darrell Ratliff dbigdog at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jun 6 04:38:33 PDT 2012

I was unable to attend George's funeral yesterday but I did manage to make
early visitation hours on Monday.  ATIS was well represented.
    As you all know, George was very active on the Farmallcub.com forum.
The forum created an award named for George a few years ago to recognize
those who exemplified the qualities George demonstrated by his willingness
to help others and to share his wisdom.
    A name tag that designated an individual as a Willer Award recipient was
created and we had one made for George.  I was unable to get George's tag to
him prior to his passing but we had it with us and gave it to Marilyn.  She
immediately decided that he should be wearing it so she pinned it on him.
    As I said, we were unable to stay for the services but a couple of ATIS
members - Gary Dotson and Steve Buttram were pall bearers.  I am posting the
following comments made by Gary:

We attended the evening calling and the service today. SteveB & I were asked
to be pall bearers, for which we were honored to do. Darrell, the name tag
looked great on George, thanks for doing that! Some of the comments posted,
here on the forum, were read during the service. Thanks everyone, for the
kind & thoughtful comments, it was a very nice addition to the service to
hear a few of them. I was a bit surprised to hear that Marilyn and the boys
were following the posts here, they were very proud that George has touched
so many lives in so many positive ways. It was a very nice service, but it
was difficult to say goodbye to such a special friend. He'll be missed by
many!

Just thought you guys might want to know that George followed the forums and
lists even though he was not able to actively participate.

Bigdog