[AT] Off Topic Goulds piston pump

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Jun 5 10:15:07 PDT 2012

I think you're right Charlie.  I didn't get any pulsations from that port so
figgered it was right.  I also tunnel visioned that the Schrader was used
for blowing the pump out for winter.  If I were to recharge the Accumulator,
I would have put the Schrader on top of the tank.  But anyway, neat stuff
and always willing to learn.
   I did have it belted up to my 2hp Fairbanks-Morse "Salt block" engine and
seemed to do just fine.

  Tomorrow I'll take a look at it and see what it takes to get to the rod.
If I remember correctly, a few bolts and it will be out.  I'll keep this
conversation in my inbox so I don't forget.

   Just remembered, I think I got my sucker leather washers from the man you
mentioned earlier.

Lots of fun!!
Rick