[AT] Off Topic Goulds piston pump

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Jun 5 07:13:11 PDT 2012

Rick,  you've been so nice to post your pictures that I hate to be critical
but let me offer this comment, not
about your pump but on your plumbing.  I believe that you shouldn't have
water exiting the pump from the
hole you show in your "squirting" pictures.  I've thought about how ours was
at the farm and looked at the
one I have here and also at this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dWh9KdF1PM
I think the video has it right.  The water should exit from the where you
have a pipe plug in the picture you call
"side view".  The pipe plug below the pressure tank.  The tank should always
be pressurized. That is why that
Schrader valve is near the bottom of it.  The plug where you have water
"squirting" should either be plugged or
hooked up to a larger pressure tank.  I hope I'm telling you right.  It's
been a long time but looking at the video,
I think he has it right for running without an auxiliary storage tank.

Charlie