[AT] Off Topic Goulds piston pump

Recentjester at aol.com Recentjester at aol.com
Mon Jun 4 17:19:47 PDT 2012

Charlie, Goulds can't help yah?

In a message dated 6/4/2012 6:58:18 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
charliehill at embarqmail.com writes:

I need  some help with this.  I have a Goulds model CID 35, 1940's or 50's
vintage piston type well pump that I want to restore.
I need some  parts  but have about given up on finding a pump for parts or
the  parts themselves so now I'm considering
making the parts but it's been 30  years since I've seen the part I need to
make and I just don't remember  what it looks like.
I've searched online every way I can think to do it but  can't find a
thing.
I need to see a parts breakdown for the drive  end,
or the oily end of the pump.  I'm missing the connecting rod that  pushes
the
pump plunger.  If I could see a fairly good picture
of  the original part I actually think I could make one from an automotive
connecting rod with a bit of machine work.

Does anyone here know  how to search the library of congress for  parts
manuals?  I  went to their web site but I can't figure out
how to do it.  If anyone  has a lead on someone who might have the parts
that
would help too.   Someone gave me the name of
Jack Weldon and his phone and e-mail.  I  e-mailed him and never got a
reply.
I finally called him after a couple of  weeks.  Someone
took my message and he eventually called me  back.  He was a very nice
older
gentleman and as helpful as he could  be.  He apologized
for not seeing my e-mail.  He asked for some  pertinent information and
pictures.  I told him I'd send pictures the  next day and I did but
again I never got a reply to my e-mail.  He  told me he wasn't very good
with
computers.  He's got an AOL account  and I suspect my mail
might be going to a spam account.  I need to  call him again but kind of
hate
to bother him.  Apparently he's about  the only person
out there that still has parts for old pumps.

Thanks  for any help or advice anyone here can give me.

Charlie