[AT] Auction question

Sewell, Steven sewell at ohio.edu
Sat Jul 28 23:33:15 PDT 2012

I agree with Dean, not ethical at all. The auctioneer "drops the hammer" it's sold. Now I have been to auctions that it was stated BEFORE the bidding that it would be sold two ways - together and in parts, highest bid wins.  You usually have to watch those type of autioneers.
Reminds me of an auction I went to 30+ years ago.. Farm auction with the usual tractors, household items, barn stuff, a few guns, AND a new in the box  John Wayne 30-30 rifle. Went as usual til we got to that gun. Auctioneer started with "here we have a 30-30 with the box in good shape. - Pointed down front and said - Dave you will give $500 right?? SOLD"  Gun was worth 2K retail. Never went back to one of his auctions.
Steve Sewell
Albany, Ohio USA
sewell at ohio.edu
sewell at atis.net