[AT] Was Texas now "alternative" brand tractors

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Jul 19 18:25:29 PDT 2012

On 7/19/2012 1:27 PM, Tyler Juranek wrote:
> Hi Ralph,
> Are the tractors that don't start stuck?
> Or do you just get tired of crankin the livin crap out of them?
> I don't know if people would agree with me in saying that my 36 JD A
> is restored.
One , the McCormick Deering 15-30 was parked about 40 years ago and is
seized solid. The rest are ok although the DC4 Case is without a doubt
the hardest starting tractor I have ever had to work with. I call it my
"pull start" tractor since the only hope of starting it is to pull it
for a good long while with another tractor in hopes that it might fire up.
The rest, the Cockshutts, Massey, Case and John Deere are all reliable
easy starters year round.

Ralph in Sask.