[AT] Was Texas now "alternative" brand tractors

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 05:26:20 PDT 2012

Hi Mike,
Holy crap! If you don't put fluids in the transmision, fuel tanks,
etc, then a person might think the engine is a pile of shit!
I wonder how many people that choose to have no fluids in the tractors
at the shows get asked, "Hey sir, that's a real nice two cylinder Jd
ya got there. Can I hear it run?"
I'll admit, my 36 JD A has a few oil leaks and stuff, and I've flooded
the cediment bowl many times, but it is a nice old Johny popper. And
beings it was my Great Grandfathers, I just choose to keep it around,
and keep it in the family.
I had a guy walk into my father's shed, and look at the A and offer me
$5000 for it. "I'm not gunna sell it!"
Sorry if this message sounds like a rant, but I don't want it to be
interpreted that way. Just trying to make a point that the traylor
quiens aren't worth much in my opinion. When I go to a tractor show, I
want to hear those suckers run!
What do others think?
Take Care,
Tyler Juranek

On 7/19/12, Mike Sloane <mikesloane at verizon.net> wrote:
> Some of the trailer queens don't even have fluids in the
> engine/transmission/tank - the owners don't want to have any sign of
> leaks spoiling the appearance. They are just rolled off the trailer by
> hand in the morning and then winched back up at the end of the show.
>
> Mike S
>
> On 7/18/2012 11:49 PM, Mike Meulenberg wrote:
>> Hi Tyler, Trailer queens are antique tractors that are fixed up so
>> nicely that their only purpose is to go to shows and look pretty.
>> They are no longer used as a tractor for fear of getting a scratch
>> in the paint. So they just ride on the trailer, go to a show, then
>> ride the trailer home, and back into the garage.
>>
>> Mike M

Check out my youtube channel, and spread the word!
http://www.youtube.com/tylerthetechy/