[AT] Question

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jul 30 16:39:21 PDT 2012

I think the problem is the ethanol gasoline.    All gasoline has ethanol
in it just how much is to be determined...   They use the ethanol to
adjust the octane level. I had a generator that was always having rust
in the fuel line if you moved it.   I put a tube in the fuel valve to
raise the intake level of the valve up about an inch.   I had to run the
generator for a week during an ice storm.   I had to add methanol to
keep the carburetor from icing at 2am ..   When we finally got the power
back on, I drained the tank and it was absolutely dry when the methanol
dried.   I vacuumed out the rust with a shop vac, it had about 3
handfuls in the bottom.   I then reinstalled the tank and it has worked
great ever since.  Methanol will get the rust moving and then you can
vacuum it out  when it is all dry.

Cecil in OKla