[AT] Auction question

Roebersauctions at aol.com Roebersauctions at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 13:39:02 PDT 2012

I've been an auctioneer for over 35 years, maybe I can answer a few of your
 questions. First all if you hired me to sell your property, you would want
me to  get you top price, Right! I'm going to use an item I just sold a
couple of  months ago. It was J.D Lawn Tractor, X720 Ultimate, used 5 hrs, 54"
Mower,  47" dual stage snow blower, quick hitch; 52" J.D broom, quick hitch;
4 rear  suitcase weight and bar, and tire chains. Before we started to sell
any of the  items we announced that were going to sell the tractor and
mower first  and hold the bid; then sell the snow blower, hold the bid; then we
sold the broom, held the bid; then we sold the weights and tire chains as a
 package. and then we would total up the bids and what ever the total came
to  when we put the package together the opening bid would have to $250.00
higher  then the total of the bids. The total of the bids came tp $12150.00,
we sold the  hold unit for $14,400.00. We do that with combines as well, you
may have the  same combine but need a head, or visa versa. Hope this will
help you understand  why we as auctioneers do this and some time it is
requested by the seller, and  we have had buyer request that we sell items
separately. As for  the Auctioneer who took one bid and sold the John Wayne Rifle
for one bid  will not be in business very long. Ernie
In a message dated 7/28/2012 10:47:57 P.M. Central Daylight Time,