[AT] IH 66 series clutch adjustment

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 17:00:23 PDT 2012

Cecil,

Here is one procedure which I found on the net, if you can figure it
out.  Hope it might at least get you started so you can figure it out
from there.

Good luck.  Charlie V.

Re: 1066 TA/Clutch/T.Brake adjustment-long in reply to Michael Sheik,
01-29-2007 06:30:39
Here is a quick and easy way to do the clutch adjust ment , don't care
if it it is a hyd assit. or not it will work vary well but takes two
people . First the red tell tail light must work , First adjut the
free travel of the clutch pedal to 13/16 of and inch , next hold the
clutch pedal down after ya remove the clevis pin for the trans brake
while holding back on the trans brake lever to the rear of the tractor
adjust the clevis till the pin will slide in freely after ya got that
then let up on the clutch and add one to one and a half turns to that
clevis depending on the ware of the linkage put the pin back in lock
down the lock nut . Now start the tractor with the transmissin on (N)
park loc set with the engine at and ideal back off the T/A dump valve
adjment bolt about 5-6 turns now hold the clutch pedal down to the
stop the tell tail light should be off hold the pedal down and start
to turn the adjutsment bolt in slowly and watch the lite as soon as
the lite comes on STOP let the clutch pedal up add one more complet
turn to the bolt and lock the lock not all done. GOOD TO GO .

as taken from here:

http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=farmall&th=595000