[Farmall] M Starter Kit (Brushes and Bushings)

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Jul 21 09:05:52 PDT 2012

I cannot directly answer your questions, but when I had a problem with
my Super M starter, I took it to a local auto electric shop. He said all
the parts were standard Delco Remy stuff and rebuilt it for not very
much money.

I should note that, if the front bushing is gone, there is a good chance
that the field windings have been damaged by the armature hitting them.
You need to take a close look at the windings before you get too far
into replacing the bushing.

Mike