[AT] Was Texas now "alternative" brand tractors

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:27:26 PDT 2012

Hi Ralph,
Are the tractors that don't start stuck?
Or do you just get tired of crankin the livin crap out of them?
I don't know if people would agree with me in saying that my 36 JD A
is restored.
There is an interesting story about it.
About five years or so ago, my grandfather gave the tractor to my dad.
Dad restored it about 4 years ago, because it had been used so much.
When he had it all restored, he put it in storage at a guys place for
whatever reason, I don't know why exactly.
3 Years later, wich equates to October, 2011, we finally went up to get it.
When a tractor with hand start sits for a long time like that, it
needed the carb cleaned out, and stuff like that. So we took it up to
a guys shop. A week later, I got a call saying that the mag was dead.
So that got recharged, the carb got cleaned, some of the gaskets got
sealed up, etc etc.
To me, it runs pretty damn good. But I'll admit right now that it
needs a good workout, ya know like plowing, threshing, etc.
I don't know, would many of you still call this restored?
Take care,
Tyler

On 7/19/12, Ralph Goff <alfg at sasktel.net> wrote:
> On 7/19/2012 7:20 AM, charlie hill wrote:
>> Mike,  I was there the day they derived my Dad's D-10 Allis.
>> It never looked like what I see at the tractor shows these days.
>> Oh it looked mighty good but it didn't have automotive paint and several
>> coats of clear coat on top.
>> It looked like it was intended to go to work.  Walk down the street out
>> west
>> or down south and you'll
>> see cowboys and fellows who want to be cowboys.  It's pretty easy to tell
>> which is which.
>> Same goes for tractors.  I personally don't care what anyone does with
>> their
>> stuff but restoring
>> something means taking it back to it's original form and function.
>>
> Agreed on that. I wouldn't want a tractor or vehicle restored to the
> point that I am afraid to drive or use it. No fun in that for me but I
> guess some like it. Mine are all "drivers". Except for the ones that
> don't start. :-)
>
> Ralph in Sask.

Check out my youtube channel, and spread the word!
http://www.youtube.com/tylerthetechy/