[AT] Was Texas now "alternative" brand tractors

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Jul 19 05:55:05 PDT 2012

I guess it is really a matter of personal preference - there is no
"right" or "wrong" in this area. I have a bunch of old tractors because
I like to fix them up and use them, while other folks take pride in
having their machines look like what they imagine they looked like when
they came off the assembly line. And then there are others whose
concepts are in between those viewpoints. I see the same thing with a
lot of hobbies - old cars, guns, boats, planes, model railroading, audio
gear, etc. I figure that, if someone wants to spend their time and money
that way, it's their affair, not mine. And I don't expect to be
criticized because my stuff has a "protective layer of oil" and is
missing a badge or decal here or there. There is room enough in the
hobby for everyone, regardless if they are perfectionists or something less.

Mike