[AT] WAS Texas now question on manufacturer of NH 617

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Jul 18 05:49:38 PDT 2012

This has gotten way off topic from Texas list members, so I changed the
subject line....

I have a NH 617 disc mower.   It is on a caddy so it is easier to hitch
to....    I really like it but the main gearbox module has stripped out
again.    I was wondering if anyone on the list knows anything about the
617 NewHolland as to where it was made, like was it a Kuhn, or what.  I
am sure it is European.   Maybe Mattias would have an idea?  I used a
Hesston  mower on another place for a neighbor and we never had to
replace a box.   My NH has only 400 acres use on the last box.    It is
the gearbox between the main drive box and the mower discs.
I think it needs a good trading..  I was just wondering if it was a
design flaw....

Cecil in OKla