[AT] Are we alive?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 15 20:06:47 PDT 2012

I heard an interview on the farm news today with a farmer that was
irrigating his corn (I think it was corn).  I was doing something else and
missed most of the interview.  What caught my ear was when he said he was
spending $7,000.00 a day on diesel fuel to run his irrigation pumps.  Folks,
that pure profit he's burning, no two ways around it.  That's his income for
the year.  It's one of those danged if you do and danged if you don't deals.
He can't afford to do it and can't afford not to do it.

Charlie