[AT] Are we alive?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Jul 14 17:34:38 PDT 2012

There's a place about 50 miles from here that is the jumping off point for
the world.  It's a huge marsh point of a few thousand acres with one ridge
down through it that some folks have lived on back to colonial times.  I
used to know a guy there, he's passed now, that told me what ever I did when
I was there NOT to kill a mosquito.  I asked him why.  He said that's the
only thing that keeps us from being like XXXXXXXX,  another nearby town,
that used to be a fishing village too but is now a major tourist trap and
home to transplants from far way places with strange sounding names.  So I
guess they do have a purpose.   I know another old guy in his 90's who grew
up with my dad.
He told me he was down there once and saw a mosquito standing flat footed
"mating" a turkey.   He said two more grabbed his brother by the shoulders
and were flying off with him until he grabbed his brothers ankles.  grins.

Charlie