[AT] Are we alive?

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sat Jul 14 15:28:18 PDT 2012

Ralph,
     I was loading corn out of a steel bin yesterday.  It has a bin
sweep, but you need to clear a little grain out to get the thing in the
bin.  That, unfortunately, is done with the shovel.  One thirty PM
during a cloudless day, 94 degrees Fahrenheit.  Must have been at least
130F or more in that bin.  Got it opened up and ready for the sweep and
called it a day.  I need to load the semi again before Monday morning if
possible.  Hope my nephews get that sweep in there, or their corn might
just have to wait awhile.  I am busy hauling for others that just simply
load me.  I like that better.:-) Family is always a little "funny" to
work for.
     What kind of potatoes do you raise and when did you get them in?
My potatoes are not quite ready for the "new" potato eats. Close,
though.  Probably a couple days.  Got too hot for the peas to go with
them.  They are finished.  Nothing quite like new potatoes and peas
creamed together.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA