[AT] Are we alive?

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sat Jul 14 12:42:03 PDT 2012

Ralph it sounds like it's almost spring at your place.  grins.

We've had mosquitoes here on and off even during the winter every since the
hurricane last fall and I guess the government can't afford to spray for
them this time.  They are little bitty ones that you feel before you see or
hear.  We've had some tick problems too.

I just took my little Jack Russell Terrier to the vet for his yearly check
up and found out he tested positive for some tick born disease.  No
symptoms, he just has the antibody.  Hopefully he won't get sick.  We had
such a problem with fleas last year that we had to put him on a flea pill
that really works (Comfortis) but it doesn't have a tick preventive in it.
Since you aren't supposed to use it and put on the topical flea and tick
ointment both he started picking up some ticks here and there.   He stays
inside at night and about half the day and we check him often but he got bit
by a bad one.  Heck, I'd probably test positive for the same
antibody myself.

Charlie