[AT] Are we alive?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Sat Jul 14 10:38:23 PDT 2012

I am here, but it has been way too uncomfortable outdoors lately (for
me) to do anything with tractors. I did use my '52 Cub with the Mott
flail mower
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/1952-farmall-cub/itsalive.html> and
Farmall 340 with IH 100 sickle bar mower
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/farmall_340/farmall-340-with-ih.html> to
trim the brush, grass, and weeds along my the mile private lane, but I
didn't consider that an event worth writing about. I guess the big news
(in my case) is that they both started up and ran without any problems.
That is probably some kind of record.

But the dry weather (not technically a drought) has most things pretty
dry, so cutting the grass would just end up causing it to burn out (as
proved by the local "landscaping" companies' efforts in creating deserts
that used to be suburban yuppie green lawns).

Mike