[Farmall] New Manifold for 1949H

Gwinn, John J (GE Transportation) john.J.gwinn at ge.com
Fri Jul 13 05:38:54 PDT 2012

Tim,
I took a look at both manifolds and read the emails.  The slot cuts are genuine and part of the design.  The slots I'm referring to are where bolt holes 2 and 5 occur counting them from left to right.  Very thick washers are to be used in these two locations to allow for thermal contraction.  The other four nut locations get no washers.  All six manifold nuts are of a special type in that they're "long"...about 1.5X the height of standard nuts.  The necessary two thick washers are of a smaller OD than standard washers too.  Perhaps, the seller would include the correct washers and nuts for the manifold if you need them.  You will need manifold to block and manifold to carburetor gaskets too.  I would take a chance on the less expensive of the two.
John