[Farmall] New Manifold for 1949H

Tim Savelle tim.savelle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 19:40:23 PDT 2012

*My exhaust pipe recently broke off the manifold on my 1949 H (someone had
done a poor job of welding it on).  I made a "chaser" pipe as someone
suggested in an earlier email, but I couldn't get the threads to catch.
 Manifold threads are just too full of carbon and krud.  So I took it to a
machine shop (the entire tractor) and they tried to tap it with a 2" tap.
 The manifold threads completely disintegrated when the tap threads started
cutting.  Looks like I'm faced with purchasing a new manifold (I don't know
of a junker H around here I can get one off of).*
*
*
*I found two on different websites.  One appears to be stock and painted.
 $239.00.  The other one is a lot cheaper.  $154.90.  Below are links to
picasa images of both.  Prices are captions below the images.*
*
*
*Thoughts anyone?  I obviously want to save money, but want a quality part
as well.  By the way, in the cheaper one, why is there a hole in the
carburetor pipe?*
*
*
*Thanks,*