[AT] OT: Dealerships

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Tue Jul 10 22:31:08 PDT 2012

It isn't just the dealerships.  It is the locally owned chains also.  In
about a span of 3 months my wife's minivan had 3 flats. With each one of the
flats, the tire needed to be replaced (2 blow-outs).  I put the same type of
tire back on as original equipment. I figured I would beat the fourth tire
to the punch.  I called around and found what I needed at a tire store about
two miles from my house.  I have never done business with this company
before, and after this incident I will never do business with them again.

I had my wife take the minivan there and told her which tire needed to be
replaced.  She called me while she was there and told me the service manager
couldn't let the van go, because the other three tires were dangerously worn
and also needed to be replaced, mind you, the other three tires were all new
within the past three months.  I told her to put him on the phone with me.
I chewed his a@# from one end to the other. I also told him if they hadn't
already mounted the new tire, my wife would have been leaving without it.  I
told him that he should be ashamed of himself for trying to take advantage
of women who he thought didn't know any better. I also told him if I have to
come down there to get things taken care of, I would be bringing the police
with me.  He offered to change the oil and some other things.  I told him to
leave the vehicle alone, other than the one tire.

That incident happened about 5 years ago, and I had forgot about it till the
other day.  My sister in law went to that same tire store to get her oil
changed.  She is young, single, and pretty.  They figured they had a good
one on the hook.  They told her that her transmission was in really bad
shape and that it was to dangerous to drive her car.  She told them that she
would have someone else look at it, paid them for oil change and left.

Lou