[AT] OT: Dealerships

Cecil R Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jul 9 17:48:33 PDT 2012

My wife drives a 03 Dodge grand caravan mini van.  She loves it and it
gets great mileage.  She uses it like an ATV around here!!   When we got
it I serviced it like all my new vehicles by changing all the fluids and
filters.    The Auto trans filter was changed with the ATF...    The
check engine light came on.    I checked the codes and it was the
transmission.   I had to take it to the dealer to get them to remove the
check engine code on the transmission because I changed the fluid and it
had a sensor that lit up.   I think if I would have disconnected the
battery before changing the fluid it would h ave been OK....  Dealer
reset the computer and told me I would have to tune it up because of the
spark plugs etc...    About $600 additional.  resetting the computer was
$175...  By the time I got it out of there they had $300 against it.  I
left and have not been back.   My biggest gripe is the d@^^%& fuel
filter that requires you to remove the fuel tank to change...

Cars are like HP printers.  They can give you the printer, just sell you
the ink because it will not print on any one else's ink.

Cecil in OKla