[AT] Further OT: was Check the grounds now dealerships

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Mon Jul 9 09:50:49 PDT 2012

Ken,

I've had better luck with Berge Ford in Mesa too.  It is just a lot further from us than
Horne. I had a bad experience at Earnharts in Apache Junction so I stated going to Berge
and the service department there is allot less expensive, like 40% less expensive for
diesel oil changes, etc and they have a frequent flier program that gives discounts for
regular customers. But.... I've also had two questionably experiences there too.  One was
I brought my truck in for a Ford warranty recall item and they told me it wasn't needed on
my truck. Got back to WA and my local dealer told me it was needed on my truck. The second
thing may be purely my suspicious nature flaring up but after one oil change on my Diesel
Truck I became suspicious of what oil had been used in the oil change.  I have 126,000
miles on my Diesel truck so I have become pretty familiar with the sounds the engine
produces. I don't have to read the odometer to know when an oil change is due. I can hear
it. I'm usually within 200 miles of the odometer.  After one particular oil change at
Berge the engine was telling me an oil change was due way earlier than the odometer.  I
don't know if it was my hearing going crazy or they used a less quality oil than the Ford
oil. I always tell Ford dealers they must use Ford oil and a Ford oil filter when I get an
oil change. I wouldn't go to a Ford dealer if they are not going to use Ford oil and
Filter.   I became a little suspicious of Berge so I went back to Horne when they bought
out Earnhart in Apache Junction.  I will be going back to Berge this fall. I will never do
business with Horne Ford again. Yes, I think they try to take advantage of us snowbirds.
The oil change cost was $20 higher than before in March of this year when all of us were
leaving for home. They are flat out crooks. At least the service department is. I haven't
dealt with the sales side of the business but I would be very wary.  I've had a face to
face confrontation with the Service manager at Horne Scott Van Meter and we had some real
quality up close face to face time. He obviously was defending/covering up for his
employees and completely stonewalled the issue. I finally got very angry and told him he
was a disgrace to his Dutch ancestry and left. There are some real dishonest practices
going on there.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson