[AT] OT: sleeper air

Ron Cook ron at lakeport-1.com
Sun Jul 8 16:50:45 PDT 2012

Cecil and Charlie,
     Danged if I can tell what was going on with that sleeper a/c unit.
It decided to work perfectly today.  It is a Behr unit and there is no
solenoid in the refrigerant line.  It just circulates when the pump is
going.  The expansion valve takes care of things, I guess.  It must have
been asleep.  The high pressure is fluctuating some at times when it is
running with both front and rear operating.  Probably normal, or at
least usual.  It does not seem to be bothering much but the gauge.  I
might be slightly overcharged. Time will more than likely take care of
that condition.
      There is a water control valve for the heater part and it is/was
in the cold position and I have the water valves shut off anyway at the
engine.  There is a 3 speed fan that is controlled by a switch in the
sleeper.  That's it.  Simple.
     While I was in there, I cleaned things a bit.  It needed it.  It is
now working better than it ever has for me.  Because of the cleaning, I
suppose.
     Thanks for all the tips, etc.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA