[AT] Belts?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jul 1 11:19:10 PDT 2012

On 7/1/2012 10:51 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> Dean they have it in Rolls so with the help of some lacing it can be made to
> any length.  The roll I saw in the store was probably 50' of so.  They sell
> it by the foot.  it's 2 ply nylon.  Comes in 6, 7 and 10 inch.  Like you,
> I'm not sure how much load it would stand or for how long.
>
> Charlie
The steel lacing would be a problem running a crossed belt as it would
eventually tear itself up . Have to be an endless belt . Best place I
have found it is at farm auction sales where they are selling an old
grain chopper, often including the belt . Some of the choppers were not
easy to install or remove the belt so it was left on permanently. I
acquired a Cockshutt chopper with the belt still on the pulley. The one
I use on my hammer mill, my Dad bought with an IH chopper at a farm
auction years ago. Not too expensive but it was a few years ago. Plus
not that many old grain choppers left out there maybe by now.

Ralph in Sask.