[Farmall] Farmall Digest, Vol 93, Issue 9

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Jan 30 03:01:50 PST 2012

If you were in this area, I would suspect the problem I had with a
Farmall 340 this summer: what I thought was clean gas in the tank turned
out to be gas with a LOT of water in it. The result was exactly the same
problem. After driving myself nuts with rebuilding the carburetor
(several times), compression checks, spark testing, and all the other
stuff, I finally drained the tank and put it fresh gas. It fired right
up and ran fine. Apparently the E10 gas can absorb a lot of water, and
it won't separate out, even when the outside temperature drops into the
single digits.

But I don't think that you would normally have the kind of moisture in
Tuscon that we get in the Northeast. But you might want to try some
fresh gas anyway.

Mike