[Farmall] 55 years and counting

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 28 14:29:17 PST 2012

I met a fellow today that has worked for the same IH dealer for over 55 years. He started when he was a kid. His job has been primarily to set-up new equipment, take equipment to farms for demonstrations, and drive the delivery truck. One of the things he mentioned is how he can't stand the newer Cub Cadets-- pretty much the thinking of anyone that has been around the old ones. Also told of hauling 2 loads of scrap tractor parts to the junkyard. It was anything from used engines, bull gear housings, transmissions, NOS parts that wouldn't sell and couldn't be returned, etc. One of his stories I could relate to was cranking a combine engine. It was brand new, and he didn't realize that the engine turned backwards. One spin of the crank and he got whacked in the head. Same thing happened to me cranking a 50T baler about 20 years ago.

John Hall