[AT] Message from Farmer Robinson

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:53:08 PST 2012

Had the opportunity to chat via e-mail with Farmer and since some here were
asking about him recently I thought I'd pass his message along.

Hi Charlie:
I'm still kicking... I was pretty badly crippled up for a few years
due to a thyroid problem probably triggered by severe stress from
dealing with my mother's dementia for years they say. Got that
straightened out and ended up with a diabetes problem. Got that dealt
with along with a blood pressure problem and a bit of highish
cholesterol problem. Got everything working (mostly) OK and was
feeling pretty good. Started catching up some stuff then this fall I
was hand digging a hole and tripped over a tree root and vaulted
head-first over my shovel. A nice soft concrete block wall broke my
fall and really messed up my right shoulder... I am just now getting
to where I can work well again. Kind of messed it up again recently
wrangling a horse but not too bad.
If I can finally get some heat in the farm shop hopefully next week, I
am ready to start on old tractors again. Somehow everything I do takes
a lot longer than it used to. Couldn't possibly be related to my
approaching 70th birthday this spring. :-)
Just chugging along slowly... :-)  and hoping I don't have any more
setbacks for a while. I'm actually in pretty good general shape for my
age and I have lost about 60 pounds which helps a lot.
Take care, chat later.

--

Nothing will teach you patience like a horse. Rule #1, the horse is
rarely wrong...

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA