[AT] 1949 Leroi tractor with loader for sale

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Wed Jan 25 13:24:19 PST 2012

The leRoi tractair was built by Centaur. They used the engine and
compressor combo on their tractor. The engine and compressor could also
be bought as a tow behind unit. In 1954, LeRoi sold the compressor line
to Westinghouse Air Brake. The tractor line was moved out of Greenwich
to Sydney OH. The tractair was still built under the LeRoi name only.
Last I knew, the Leroi compressor line was part of Dresser Industries.

The AC model WD used the same basic engine that was used in the later
Centaurs. Doug T