[AT] DC Case

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 21 20:55:40 PST 2012

Saw the splitting pins in the service manual and didn't want to bother with
them. Basically they are just rods that fit in the holes for the large
shoulder bolts. I think they have a nut on each end for safety. The picture
in my book shows the tractor sagging quite a bit, didn't like that at all.
We were able to roll it about 2 foot apart so we could get in to clean the
clutch housing and replace the seal. One really nice thing about rolling the
rear of the tractor, all you have to do is put it in gear and you can turn
the belt pulley by hand to inch it along--nice for going back together.

Going to have to read up on the chain tightening, sounds like it is going to
take a while! I'll keep you guys posted on what we decide to do.

John