[AT] DC Case

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jan 21 13:00:45 PST 2012

Well Gene, we got it back together today. I bought a new gear since the one
in there was chewed up really bad in 2 places. I also put in a new release
bearing and changed the front transmission seal. It took a lot of elbow
grease to get the clutch housing clean inside!

When we split the tractor we rolled the back end. The front end was blocked
under the oil pan. I had the engine hoist on it for safety. It still rocked
too much for my liking so I quickly made a couple of angle iron braces that
bolted to where the oil pan bolts to the clutch housing. That worked out
real well  today when we went to roll it back together. I used nuts welded
to the bottom of the angle so I could use a bolt to set the tension. Today
we needed to twist the engine about 1/8" to get the lone dowel to line up.
The use of 3 large shoulder bolts is rather impressive--Case wasn't cutting
any corners.

Next is to pull off the disc brakes and clean them and then maybe adjust the
chains in the rear end, the tractor has an occasional clanking sound.

John