[AT] cold Farmall

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 18 18:53:47 PST 2012

Block heaters are cheating! Of course if I had to routinely crank one in
those temps I would certainly have one! We have to use the one on the 4020
diesel if its 40 deg. outside. Come to think of it, the other 4020 we had
and the 4430 were pretty lousy at cranking in cold weather without using the
block heaters.

We have a rule here on the farm, put in the biggest battery that will fit in
the battery box. At one time, the ones we were using in the Super A's had to
have a chunk of the case chiseled away--I think it was to allow installing
one of the bolts in the box.

John