[AT] cold Farmall

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jan 18 18:15:47 PST 2012

On 1/18/2012 6:15 PM, john hall wrote:

> Cold weather here is in the 20's to upper teens. At that temp I expect a
> little difficulty cranking some of the old stuff here. I've hand cranked my
> T-20 several times to go play in ice and snow and have even cranked my 12-20
> Case when there was snow out. But at temps close to zero, is it reasonable
> to expect this old stuff to crank reliably?
>
> John Hall

John, no doubt I have already posted the links to my Cockshutt 40
starting up on youtube . So I know these old tractors will start at well
below zero providing everything is working right. Two important items
are a block heater and a big battery. I can't remember the number group
but I have about the biggest six volt battery I have ever seen on the 40
and its never failed me yet even though it is getting up in years.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SSPSIDOzd4

Ralph in Sask.