[AT] Reconditioning Leather belting

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Jan 17 14:30:26 PST 2012

I had to replace the cooling fins on the flywheel of a Tecumseh tiller
engine. The instructions said to boil the Nylon assembly in water and
then immediately put it on to the flywheel before it cooled off and
stiffened up. Fortunately, I have my own set of stainless steel pans
steam table that I saved from the dumpster a few years back. Early one
Sunday morning, before anyone was up, I covered half the range with
newspaper, set some water boiling in a large pan with the flywheel right
next to it on the paper. When I had the fin assembly boiling hot, I
fished it out of the pan with a pair of adjustable pliers and popped it
onto the flywheel. Then I carefully cleaned up all traces of my work and
took all the evidence out to the barn. I didn't even take any pictures
of my work - no sense leaving incriminating evidence to be discovered
later...

<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/troybilt/flywheel-new-fins.html>

Mike