[AT] DC Case

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Jan 15 19:15:24 PST 2012

On 1/15/2012 7:56 PM, Jim & Lyn Evans wrote:

> Much better sealing than silicone.  Plus it doesn't mess with your paint
> job or clog lube passages.   You put on a small amount.  I smooth it out
> with my finger.  Then bolt the parts together.  You can wipe off the
> excess.   The OEMs put it on with a paint roller or a silk screen.
> Most do not use RTV at all in the factories because it messes up the paint.

Yes, way better than any colour of silicone. I wouldn't have believed it
but my brother recommended it. He worked at a Case IH dealer at the time
and they used a lot of it there for re-assembly of machinery. Besides my
Massey tractor, we also used it when re-installing the bell housing and
hydro unit on my Case-IH combine. I've seen it and it works. Got mine
right off the shelf at the Case IH or CNH whatever they call themselves
now.

Ralph in Sask.