[AT] DC Case + Switch From Horses to Tractor

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Jan 15 15:41:12 PST 2012

I can't actually remember any of my family farming with mules.  I know they
did and I remember the mules being around but I was too small to be in the
field and see it or at least to remember it.
My granddad on my moms side actually used a team of oxen a lot.  This was
before my time but he bought a 100 acre tract of woodland and he and my two
uncles cleared it with crosscut saws and
a team of oxen.    I can't imagine what a job that must have been or how
many years it took them to finish it.  By the time I came along it was a
nice farm.

Charlie