[Farmall] Wide front end parts

Kevin Bish krsky at windstream.net
Tue Jan 10 04:22:32 PST 2012

Thanks everyone on the list for the help trying to find the tie rod ends for
a wide front end. I talked to Joe at Joe's Farmall's, he isn't to far from
us and we did come up with a good number from Case/IH that should have been
for that front end. I called Hetrick's Farm Supply, which is my nearest
CaseIH dealer. They had the part,but when I gave him the measurements of the
tie rod I had taken from the customers part, it was different. The wide
front the customer has must have been really bent up at one time, and they
really cobbled it up fixing it. I think they used parts from a old truck or
car for the tie rod ends, cause the dealer and I couldn't get anything that
was even close to the measurements of the tie rod that was on the front end.
We tried many different IH part numbers from other IH front ends, and he
would measure them, and none were the same. I told the customer that maybe
an auto parts store like NAPA, could maybe match something up to whatever he
has there. I just got a wide a nice wide front end in that will fit his
Super M, so he is thinking of trading his in on it, if he can't find
something to work for him. If anyone ever needs new or used parts for their
Farmall's look us up on the internet at www.daytontractorparts.com  maybe we
can help you with the parts you are looking for. Thanks, Kevin.