[Farmall] Super A belt pulley

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Sun Jan 8 18:14:26 PST 2012

Documentation is sparse on exactly what was on the tractor as it came from
the factory.  The very early letter series tractors probably had less
shielding.  By the time the updated ASAE standard was adopted in the early
'40s, they added shields.  If the tractor had a PTO it was shipped with the
shield above/around the PTO that the implement's shield attached to.  It
would have also had the round shield that covered the shaft.  If it had a
pulley attachment, it was shipped with a pulley wheel and the vertical
shield in front of the pulley.  The parts catalog indicates the shield for
the pulley shaft was a regular part of the pulley attachment.  The owners
manual speaks of installing it when the pulley is removed as if to indicate
the owner should have the shield.  So I presume it was shipped with the
tractor.
Jim