[Farmall] Super A belt pulley

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 8 14:28:27 PST 2012

I'm thinking about adding a bit of sealer when I reinstall it. Like you said
it shouldn't leak there. Then again the tractor is 60 years old and was
never a garden only machine. I couldn't help but notice the other Super A is
leaking around the steering wheel shaft. We just put a new seal in there a
couple years ago. That shaft really needed building up and then re-machining
due to the groove the seal had cut in, I just didn't take the time to do it.

Jim, were those shields supplied with the tractors? I didn't realize until
yesterday that belt pulleys were an attachment. Dad said he remembers folks
trading in tractors for a new one and having to take the belt pulley off and
put it the new machine.

John