[AJD] Antique-johndeere Digest, Vol 82, Issue 1; Ad Posting

E. Thatcher ethatche at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 4 14:19:19 PST 2012

It's been awhile since I posted on the site but I still read the postings from time-to-time.  Regarding moving to purchase a diesel JD; a 720 or 730 in good condition with factory three point hitch and with the remote hydraulic cylinder included would be a great choice if you intend to stay with the cylinder models.  I would prefer the electric start to the pony start models but that might narrow your choices too much.  Although I'm a life-long two-cylinder fan and have farmed with four of them over the years since I was a kid (a "B", two "A's" and a "G"), I would urge you to consider a 3020D or 4020D or newer model of similar size range if you're going to depend on it for real work over time.  The 3020D will deliver the better economy of the two and will still pull 3-16's or 4-14's anywhere you want and has a more versitile transmission and hydraulics than the two cylinder models' replacements, the the "10" series and their successor the "20" series.
 Eric ThatcherSt. Charles, MO