[Farmall] Cultivator Colors

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 05:22:49 PST 2012

Hello,

I am considering painting my Farmall A cultivators for a show this summer.
I have seen at other shows quite a few different colors for the
cultivators, and unfortunately since my set sat in a barn for the past 20
some years, there is no original paint left for me to compare.  What color
were the cultivators originally?  I have seen blue on Cub implements, and a
mix of red and blue on C fast hitch implements.

What kind of paint would I need to use?  I imagine that if I decided to use
the cultivators (and if I was given an opportunity, I would) the paint
would wear off.  I'm sure some of you have experience in what paint lasts
the longest on implements.

I also have a plow for the Lift-All that I may paint at some point.  If
anyone knows the colors for that, I would appreciate hearing your answer!

Thanks!

Ben Wagner