[AT] Grain Augers vs elevators

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 1 14:58:42 PST 2012

Well Ron, you've managed to get this thread back where it started. It seems
Grant was talking about equipment never seen in California. I can attest
we've never seen corn cribs like the ones in the mid-west. I saw some of
them back in the early '90's when we traveled to Mt. Pleasant Iowa. Here ear
corn was stored in a wooden building that was maybe 8' x 20'. They were all
over the place, every farmer had one maybe two, but that was about it.There
are 3 here, but one was for the tenants that lived on the back of the place.
They were filled by hand, no elevators. The only big elevators I have seen
were on former dairy farms with 3 story barns.

John Hall